Whether we’re happy or sad, music helps us channel what we’re feeling. It takes us into a moment of reflection, memory, or imagination. This episode talks about music and mood mindfulness.
I’m feeling so energized after going to a concert with my mom. We had a great time watching Michael Franti & Spearhead rock out and share their music. It’s not just the tunes that made the experience awesome, it’s the message. Much of their music is filled with positive and encouraging words.
I’m here to spend quality solo time with you for EP148’s Wise Walk as we discover our True Stride. It was my first time going to see this artist, and I’m so glad I took the time to go. Michael Franti & Spearhead did things in the concert that helped concert-goers feel like a community. By the end, my mother and I had these memorable and friendly moments with the people sitting around us at the concert.
On our Wise Walk, I talk about music and mood mindfulness. Music can reflect our mood or help us set the intention of our mood. Come with me as we reflect on these Wise Walk questions:
- Where in your life are you using music to inspire you, to boost your energy, to shift your mindset, to think about your emotions, and to feel your feelings?
- How can you be more mindful of the different ways that music impacts you?
- Can you invite magical moments from music into your life?
- Can you create new memories with music experiences?
- What songs make you happy?
- What old songs do you like to share with others?
Music is a force that empowers us to fully be present with what we’re feeling.
The joy of music is absolutely contagious. Curate the music of your life with these Wise Walk questions:
- How can you be intentional about the way you use music in your life?
- How are you using music to enhance an experience?
- What type of music helps you set the tone for a moment?
- Are you allowing music to transport you?
- How can you use music to express the mood you envision?
- Can you make a commitment today to curate a playlist of mood enhancing music for yourself?
Join this inspiring community to uncover a new sense of freedom, and be sure to follow and review the True Stride podcast as we continue to exchange our light and Heart Value with each other.
In this episode:
[00:23] – Welcome to the show!
[01:13] – Mary Tess tells the story of buying tickets for a concert and inviting her mom to have fun together.
[03:38] – Music is powerful and personal.
[05:29] – What songs make you happy?
[08:20] – Mary Tess reflects on how music helps us tap into our emotions.
[11:16] – Mary Tess talks about enhancing moments with music playlists. PART 1
[14:13] – Mary Tess talks about enhancing moments with music playlists. PART 2
[16:41] – Thank you for listening!
- “Music can shift us. Music can empower us.” – Mary Tess
Links and Resources: