You have habits you do without questioning them. If you knew a habit was holding you back from fully expressing your thoughts, would you challenge yourself to be vulnerable and face it? This episode talks about learning to express your true feelings instead of saying, “It’s fine.”
For the past two months, I’ve been paying attention to how often I use the phrase, “It’s fine.” I’ve also paid attention to how much my loved ones say it in conversations and in which scenarios they usually say it. There’s something in me that has a heightened sensitivity to that phrase. How often do we gloss over this phrase and not question it?
I’m here to spend quality solo time with you for EP150’s Wise Walk as we discover our True Stride. I realized people say “It’s fine” as a natural response to almost everything. We can’t experience a full life if we constantly downplay or dilute what’s going on with us internally. That’s why it’s important to learn how to express ourselves.
On our Wise Walk, I talk about letting go of the phrase “It’s fine.” You have so many other ways to express yourself. Come with me as we reflect on these Wise Walk questions:
- Are you willing to pay attention and notice how often you use the phrase, “It’s fine” in your life?
- As you use it, does it accurately describe what you experience?
- Is there anything you’re holding back and have trouble expressing?
- When you’re not fine, can you express what would make things better for you?
- Why do you sweep emotions under the rug when it’s not true to how you feel?
You have a chance to be more curious about how you’re feeling so you can create deeper bonds with the people around you.
Find a new way to open up your mind and heart. Explore how you feel with these Wise Walk questions:
- What will it take for you to release the need to be guarded?
- What can you do to release some of those old habits and take a new path forward?
- What are the various ways you are using the word “fine” in your everyday conversation?
- Do you have catchphrases that you fall back on that act as a barrier to your emotions?
- Are you willing to open up and challenge yourself to express your true feelings?
Join this inspiring community to uncover a new sense of freedom, and be sure to follow and review the True Stride podcast as we continue to exchange our light and Heart Value with each other.
In this episode:
[00:23] – Welcome to the show!
[01:53] – Mary Tess encourages you to embrace vulnerability and not deny what you actually feel.
[04:03] – “Tell me more about that.”
[06:22] – In this moment, it’s okay to acknowledge and share how you truly feel.
[09:12] – “This is what is true for me in this moment.”
[11:50] – Are you willing to open up and challenge yourself to express your true feelings?
[13:46] – Mary Tess talks about reflecting on being more honest about her feelings in the moment.
[15:54] – Thank you for listening!
- “What was true for us in the past, we don’t have to accept that truth in our present. We certainly don’t have to take that truth with us into the future.” – Mary Tess
Links and Resources: