Situations throughout life can stir a reaction from people. It could be a pleasant or unpleasant experience, but how you respond to your own reaction is more important. This episode talks about exploring your reactions.
Last week, I had a lot of dental work so the dentist gave me numbing agents while there. As I was sitting in the chair, my heart started pounding, my hands were shaky, and I felt like I was freezing. I had a reaction to what was administered, and I didn’t know why until I looked into it later, finding out the exact agent that doesn’t work well with my body. Now, I know to check for it the next time I go to the dentist.
I’m here to spend quality solo time with you for EP154’s Wise Walk as we discover our True Stride. What was interesting was that the dentist originally asked me if the reaction I had was from anxiety or something similar. It wasn’t, it was physical. Still, emotions can cause strong reactions from us, so I started thinking of how reactions show up differently in our daily lives.
On our Wise Walk, I talk about exploring your reactions. Exploring your reactions includes recognizing where the triggers and reactions exist. Come with me as we reflect on these Wise Walk questions:
- When you feel yourself having a reaction, do you slow down to ask yourself questions about the reaction?
- Do you know what’s triggering you or what brought the trigger in?
- Do you trust that you recognize triggers and reactions?
- Can you share and communicate what support you need?
As you work on your reactions, you’ll notice they can be healed or managed. You can step into your personal power to face your reactions and responses.
“You can come to your own rescue.” Explore your reactions with these Wise Walk questions:
- Can you be honest about if you’re reacting to something in your present or from your past?
- Can you describe what you’re feeling?
- Can you approach your reactions and triggers from a place of self love?
- Are you open to exploring your responses?
- What will help your body heal from the reaction so you can be your best self?
- Do you distance yourself from anything?
- Can you identify the real issue behind your reactions?
Join this inspiring community to uncover a new sense of freedom, and be sure to follow and review the True Stride podcast as we continue to exchange our light and Heart Value with each other.
In this episode:
[00:23] – Welcome to the show!
[02:00] – Do you trust that you recognize triggers and reactions?
[04:13] – Mary Tess talks about her journey of getting more focused on bodily health.
[06:37] – Mary Tess talks about emotional reactions and emotional triggers.
[09:02] – Use self-love to get curious about understanding yourself.
[11:54] – Are you open to exploring your responses?
[14:38] – Thank you for listening!
- “Just get curious.” – Mary Tess
- “You can come to your own rescue.” – Mary Tess
Links and Resources: