Let’s reflect on all that last year offered, and let’s envision a new year bringing us more alignment. This episode talks about practicing reflection and intention.
Around this time, I’m feeling energized and happy as we wrap up the year. Are you excited for next year? A reflection process helps ground me in what my heart feels, including how I am in alignment or if I’m not in alignment with the life I want to design. Learning to be present with that awareness of alignment allows us to make new choices and take different actions in the upcoming year.
I’m here to spend quality solo time with you for EP66’s Wise Walk as we discover our True Stride. I’ll tell you the many staple moments that embodied the meaning of True Stride over the past year. Listen as I share memories like celebrating one year of this podcast, pivoting during the 100-day challenge I took on earlier this year, and welcoming Trooper to the family.
On our Wise Walk, I suggest ways for you all to reflect on your year. From there, we can take a new path to a different vision for where we are headed. Curiosity and exploration open us to new experiences that can fill the next year with support that helps fuel our journey. To honor the lessons we learned over the past year, come with me to reflect on these Wise Walk questions:
- What experiences do I cherish at this moment?
- As we bring this year to a close, and start to look ahead, what are things we want to experience next year?
- As you look back on this past year, and all you’ve experienced, how did those experiences make you feel?
- How did you use Wise Walks in order to drop into your heart and make your choices and actions very intentional?
- What was really good that showed up for you?
- How have you focused on thoughts to create a reality that aligns with who you are and where you want to go?
I always want to be mindful of aligning with my heart, so when something feels unaligned I want to be able to give myself grace and permission to release it. I talk about this, alignment, letting go and making new choices based on what is currently resonating.
Since this episode is all about practicing reflection and intention, each question is particularly special. Let’s step into a brand new year with these Wise Walk questions:
- As you look ahead to the New Year, what are you really excited about?
- What are the experiences you want to embrace to create the expansion that you seek?
- What is calling you, and how do you want to show up every day?
- How do you want to experience this great adventure that we’re on each and every week?
- What gifts are you going to give yourself in the coming year?
- How are these gifts going to make you feel?
- How do you envision 2022 supporting you and your Heart Value?
Join this inspiring community to uncover a new sense of freedom, and be sure to follow and review the True Stride podcast as we continue to exchange our light and Heart Value with each other.
In this episode:
[00:23] – Welcome to the show!
[01:20] – What 2021 moments stand out for Mary Tess? She discusses the podcast and Heart Value.
[03:31] – Mary Tess talks about learning from the experience of welcoming Trooper to the family.
[05:17] – This is what Mary Tess noticed as she explored new experiences interacting with a wide range of places, people, and more.
[07:30] – How can we find balance in new interactions and new dynamics?
[09:43] – Mary Tess reveals her plans for next year that will help her take on new challenges that are in alignment with what will serve her journey.
[11:12] – As you reflect on this past year, explore these questions.
[12:57] – Did Mary Tess choose a Word of the Year yet?
[15:05] – Mary Tess already has a list of activities she wants to explore. What’s on her list?
[16:56] – Mary Tess encourages everyone to reflect on last year, envision a new year, and pick a word to anchor yourself through the year.
[19:16] – Thank you for listening!
- “Everyone in life mirrors where we are in life.” -Mary Tess
- “I always want to be mindful of aligning with my heart, so when something feels unaligned I want to be able to give myself grace and permission to release it.” -Mary Tess
- “I encourage you to really hone in on your practice for taking Wise Walks with yourself, and figuring out how to better drop into your heart on a daily basis, or on a minute by minute basis, because you have all the answers inside of you. You are the Heart Value expert on you.” -Mary Tess
Links and Resources: