Depending on the situation, expectations can weigh us down, surface feelings of insecurity or disappointment can drain our ability to be fully present from our heart-center experiences. This episode talks about how to lead with energy not expectations.
Not long ago, two good friends came to talk with me about exploring relationships and love. They are thinking about what’s the best way to go about it. I personally have plenty of experience with dating, so this gave me a chance to reflect on what I learned about developing heart-centered relationships that feel aligned and mutually supportive.
I’m here to spend quality solo time with you for EP81’s Wise Walk as we discover our True Stride. I realized that regardless of how you’re putting yourself out there, whether you’re trying to meet friends or a partner, when we have these opportunities of being vulnerable it can make us question ourselves. Not only that, these opportunities get us to create expectations that might be unrealistic and lead to disappointment. That’s why I prefer (and encourage others) to lead with energy.
On our Wise Walk, I discuss why expectations can block us from living fully, and how we can lead with heart-centered energy instead of expectations. Life is more enjoyable when you step closer to the energy of people, places, and experiences that are supporting you and calling you. Come with me as we reflect on these Wise Walk questions:
- Where can you lead with energy and not expectations?
- What about this energy or person is calling you to engage with them more on a deeper level?
- With the experiences or people you come across, do they radiate good energy?
- How do your interests align together in such a way that they’re going to support your own personal growth and development?
People who lead with expectation are usually too busy with judging the moment to fully appreciate the interaction happening. Rather than judging, be aware of how you feel in that moment.
This week is your chance to put yourself out there and attract the energy that you seek. Start having authentic, memorable interactions with these Wise Walk questions:
- Where in your life can you release expectations of how relationships are supposed to flow?
- How can you remind yourself to not judge interactions, but be fully present instead?
Join this inspiring community to uncover a new sense of freedom, and be sure to follow and review the True Stride podcast as we continue to exchange our light and Heart Value with each other.
In this episode:
[00:23] – Welcome to the show!
[01:53] – Expectations, based on logic or overthinking, have the ability to disappoint us.
[04:35] – Don’t crowd your mind with “What if” when you could be living your life.
[07:34] – Mary Tess shares the mindset that helped make her dating experiences much more enjoyable.
[09:53] – In the connections you make, are there areas that support your development and growth.
[12:46] – Be open to seeing where interactions go and how things evolve.
[15:23] – Seek the energy that fuels you.
[17:31] – Lead with energy, so you can move through life in a much more fluid way.
[19:58] – Thank you for listening!
- “Why waste anymore time on something that isn’t connected to your heart-center?” – Mary Tess
- “The ‘worrying’ takes away from the experience.” – Mary Tess
Links and Resources: