Sometimes you need a buddy to exchange ideas and energy with. A buddy can help us with accountability and encouragement, or simply be a sounding board when we need to get our ideas and problems out. This episode talks about where in your life the power of support fuels your brave acts.
On the way back from hauling horses, I led the navigation from a separate car instead of being right beside my aunt. My aunt mentioned that she felt braver when we were next to each other, and her words made me think about the power of having someone by our side, like a wingwoman or wingman.
I’m here to spend quality solo time with you for EP90’s Wise Walk as we discover our True Stride. We dare to be braver when we are beside a buddy or in a tribe. Having someone supportive at your side makes life easier to manage and makes taking a leap seem less daunting.
On our Wise Walk, I discuss how you can connect with mutual support to bravely pursue your True Stride. I share my personal experiences, from finding a great running partner to joining a community while writing my book, Heart Value. Come with me as we reflect on these Wise Walk questions:
- Where in your life are there power in numbers?
- Where do you find yourself getting stronger or more brave because you have someone sitting beside you?
- What does it look like in your life when you don’t have that supportive person?
- Are there things that you’re struggling with right now because you are hesitant to ask for help or find support?
You can rally support for projects and missions close to your heart. Gather people that empathize with what you’re currently facing and where you’d like to go. You never know when you might need each other. Sometimes the people in your buddy system become encouragement for when you take a stumble.
As you bond with your support system, you can show up for each other in meaningful and heart-centered ways. Connect with your support system and go after what you want more confidently with these Wise Walk questions:
- What is something that you are dying to do, but you haven’t started?
- What’s something you used to love doing, but maybe lost confidence in, and now you want to regain that confidence?
- What does it look like for you to build a support system so you can follow your True Stride towards something that is meaningful to you?
- Where in your life is there a project calling you, and can you rally support for that project?
- Is there a person or a group that you can engage as a support system?
Join this inspiring community to uncover a new sense of freedom, and be sure to follow and review the True Stride podcast as we continue to exchange our light and Heart Value with each other.
In this episode:
[00:23] – Welcome to the show!
[02:37] – Mary Tess talks about this special running partner that helped her feel brave and safe.
[05:11] – You can lean on support when you need to.
[07:48] – Mary Tess is rebuilding her business mindset, but she says these three priorities come first. How does she find support for her priorities?
[10:46] – Is there an opportunity to incorporate support systems in your work?
[12:46] – Sometimes you just need a buddy to exchange ideas and energy with.
[15:19] – Mary Tess recalls the community she joined that helped her through the process of writing Heart Value.
[17:50] – Thank you for listening!
- “There’s really something nice about allowing ourselves to expand our circle and see who we can call in for different projects or different initiatives that are calling us in meaningful ways.” – Mary Tess
Links and Resources: