You are going to attract more of what you want when you are naturally standing in your truth. In those moments of sharing what you truly feel and think, you discover that your uniqueness does not need to suffer. This episode talks about expressing what we want.
I became a certified Stand Up Paddle Board yoga instructor. It was an intensive weekend but a lot of fun. It gave me great exposure to different people and how they do yoga. Since I was around people that I completely don’t know, I took the opportunity to connect with how I communicate what I want.
I’m here to spend quality solo time with you for EP96’s Wise Walk as we discover our True Stride. My typical default is to people-please. I’m highly observant so I can easily read a room. Since I can sense what others want or need, sometimes my high empathy may prevent me from speaking up on what I want. There are times to be observant and silent, and there are times to speak up. I thought: If I know what I want, why not share it just like everyone else in the group?
On our Wise Walk, I talk about how you can express what you want to validate yourself. I urge you to realize that your voice is just as important as the people around you. Come with me as we reflect on these Wise Walk questions:
- When you are in new situations or a new environment, how often do you find yourself not sharing your voice?
- Is it because you don’t know what you want or because you have been conditioned to have a “go along & get along” mentality?
- If you do refrain from speaking up and sharing your truth, do you find yourself disappointed with yourself because how could anyone know what you really want if you’re not willing to put yourself out there and share?
- If you find yourself holding back in new situations, is there a way for you to drop into your heart, go deep, and understand what you want, then bravely share that without attachment?
- As you’re on this Wise Walk, is there a way for you to start exercising this muscle of speaking up?
- When you share what feels right for you, will you notice how it makes you feel?
The universe is encouraging you to speak up and own your truth. Try it and see what comes your way. By sharing what you want, everything around you will do a better job of supporting you.
Share your unique perspective to honor yourself. Let’s key in on what we really want with these Wise Walk questions:
- Where in your life can you speak up and share what you want whether you’re asked or not?
- Where can you drop into your heart and say “Ok, this is what I want” and who can you share that with?
- When you do speak up, can you release the attachment of what you want?
Join this inspiring community to uncover a new sense of freedom, and be sure to follow and review the True Stride podcast as we continue to exchange our light and Heart Value with each other.
In this episode:
[00:23] – Welcome to the show!
[02:29] – Mary Tess shares how she dropped into her heart to discern what she wanted from what was being offered.
[04:51] – Share your unique perspective.
[07:37] – Are you allowing people to see you for who you really are?
[10:17] – Mary Tess tends to observe and watch the flow of group dynamics. How does she get the courage to speak her truth?
[13:01] – Communicating what you want can help others show up for you or help you have a good experience.
[15:12] – Mary Tess explains how she shares her preferences with her friends, whether it’s food or travel.
[17:20] – What happens when people aren’t used to you speaking up?
[20:11] – Stand in what you find is true for yourself.
[21:41] – Thank you for listening!
- “Wherever we are in life, whatever you’re doing, your voice matters to someone…. and if no one else, it matters to you.” – Mary Tess
Links and Resources: